Tuesday, January 02, 2007

President Ford (1976)

1976 Dry Bones cartoon -President Ford says both sides are right.
This cartoon from 30 years ago deals with U.S. President Gerald Ford's attempt to placate both sides.

The old Jewish joke referred to goes as follows:

A quarreling husband and wife come to the Rabbi for help. The Rabbi says to the husband "Tell me what is wrong." The husband says "She doesn't cook, she doesn't clean, I'm sick of it! I want you to rule that I am the injured party and that I am in the right!"
And so the Rabbi nods his head and says "You are right!"

"Wait! " shouts the wife "you haven't hear my side of the story! He doesn't work, he doesn't support me, he gets drunk and he beats me. I'm sick of it! I want you to rule that I am the injured party and that I am in the right!"!"
And so the Rabbi nods his head and says "You are right!"

Later, the Rabbi's wife says to her learned husband "But Rabbi, they can't both be right."
And so the Rabbi nods his head and says "You are right!"

Labels: , , , ,