Friday, August 25, 2006

Bully Boy Strategy

Dry Bones cartoon - Ahmadinejad wants Syria to taunt Israel into further conflict.!When I first sketched this cartoon out, I drew Ahamdinejad like a schoolyard bully and Assad as his younger stooge.
It didn't feel right.
So I redrew Ahmadinejad as a gangster (in the black shirt, white tie cartoon style of showing Mafia hoods). Assad then became his thug "soldier".

With the two characters being depicted as old-timey Mafia hoods I wrote the text in a New Yorky Brookynish dialect. This meant that although it might be more funny for some, it would be more difficult for some non-native English speakers to "get."

So I rewrote the text in "straight" English but left in the "but you said that you was gonna' fight him".
Nu?
So does it work?
Or are visitors going to think that I made a mistake?

Labels: , , ,